We turned 500 square feet of garage space into a master suite that includes:
- An entry that connects to both the garage and stairs to the floor above
- A generous bedroom
- A spa-like bathroom with a tub and shower, double vanity and separate toilet room
- A huge walk-in closet
- A super functional laundry room
- A music closet / work station
- And all of this without sacrificing light, flow or privacy. We did this by using a series a sliding doors that allow each area to be open or closed, while keeping direct flow to the patio space beyond. This offers a busy family much needed flexibility.
A couple fun parts to this remodel story:
- Our client had her second baby during the remodel - as soon as she found out she was pregnant she contacted us about the project
- The previous unwarranted space was used as a "music room" for her husband, so we came up with a creative way for him to keep his private music area while not sacrificing space
Design details include:
- a vintage midcentury credenza turned bath vanity, a freestanding tub in shower, black Heath tile vanity wall, gold Rejuvenation and Schoolhouse Electric fixtures, heated concrete floors, and custom wood sliding doors.
Photos & Styling: Sarah E. Owen